Call for Proposals
The SACES Executive Committee is pleased to announce the call for proposals for the SACES 2018 Conference, October 11-13, 2018 in Myrtle Beach, SC. We invite proposals for the conference that address all areas of counseling, counselor education, and supervision. Pre-conference sessions and the Emerging Leaders Workshop will occur on Thursday (10/11), with a welcoming reception Thursday evening. The conference educational sessions will run on Friday (10/12) and Saturday (10/13) from 8 am to 5pm. Submissions must be received by February 15, 2018 by 5 pm ET.
Electronic Program Proposal Format
- Program Title
Your title should clearly and accurately describe the focus of your presentation (max 100 characters with spaces)
- Type of Session and Format Flexibility
50-minute content session; 50-minute roundtable discussion session; or 30-minute poster session
- Primary Topic Addressed (based primarily on NBCC categories)
- Career development and counseling
- Counseling specialty areas
(e.g., addictions; clinical mental health; rehabilitation; college counseling & student affairs; marriage, couple, & family; school counseling; CE&S doctoral programs)
- Counseling theory/practice
- Teaching and learning
- Counselor professional identity and practice issues
(e.g., supervision, ethics, personal career development, leadership & advocacy, gatekeeping, mentoring)
- Group dynamics and counseling
- Human growth and development
- Research and program evaluation
- Social and cultural foundations
- Wellness and prevention
- Other (specify)
- Presenter Information and Qualifications
Name, highest degree earned, licensure/certification, institutional affiliation, primary mailing address, email, and phone (for all presenters)
- Presenter Expertise
The collective experience related to proposed session (max 1500 characters).
- Conference Program Abstract
This will appear in the conference program (max 500 characters).
- Synopsis of Program
Include overview of rationale, content, and presentation format (max 1500 characters).
- Learning Objectives
Provide three objectives attendees can expect as a result of participating in your program; they must be relevant to the work of professional counselors, supervisors, and counselor educators. They will be available to participants (max 500 characters).
- Presenter Agreement
You must agree to the following:
- Individuals' names may only appear on two presentations (includes ead or co-presenter).
- All presenters must be available to present Friday 10/12/18 and Saturday 10/13/18 from 8am - 5pm.
- SACES will provide one LCD projector/screen combo in each content presentation room. Any other A/V needs are the responsibility of the presenter.
- All presenters must register for the conference by 7/15/18 to be included in the conference program.
- Presenters must provide handouts or make the presentation available to participants within one week of the conference.
- Cancellations received after the program has been printed may result in a presenter proposal disqualification for the next SACES conference.
Proposals will be blind-reviewed and rated on the following review criteria:
- Clear rationale for program
- Clearly stated and appropriate learning objectives
- Appropriate content and format
- Overall organization and clarity
- Relevance of topic to SACES membership
- Appropriate fit with program tracks
- Attention to cultural and ethical considerations
- Relevant presenter credentials
- 12/15/17 – Submission portal open
- 2/15/18 – Deadline for submissions
- 4/15/18 – Decision notification
- 5/15/18 – Scheduling notification
- 7/15/18 – Deadline for presenters and co-presenters to register; all presenters must register by this date and attend the conference to be included in the conference program
If you have questions about the Call for Proposals & Reviewers, please contact the Program Chair, Dr. Elizabeth Villares, at SACESconference2018@gmail.com.
If you have questions or issues with your SACES member account or login, please contact the Membership Chair, Dr. Chris Belser at email@example.com.
Call for Proposal Reviewers
The SACES Executive Committee would like to invite you to become a proposal reviewer. You will have the opportunity to indicate your interest in serving as a reviewer at the end of the proposal submission process or by completing an application here. All conference proposals undergo a double-blind review. Each reviewer must be available to evaluate submissions between March 1 and March 15, 2018 and be willing to complete at least 20 proposals.